Saturday, May 16, 2009

Annivers

May 12 was our 8TH annivers! We celebrated by taking the kids to my parents house, headed out to The Keg for a romantic dinner and then saw Wolverine. Our date was perfect, it was like we were dating again. We rarely go anywhere without the kids, we can't think of anything more fun than taking the kids with us! We love showing them new things and are always thinking of our next adventure. See, there I go talking about them again. What can I say, they are my buddies. So back to the 8 years. I couldn't be happier. I love John more than anything else and I am so happy to spend forever with him. I knew the first time I saw him he would be mine. Really. I sat next to him in our singles ward and I just knew I would marry that guy. I felt so comfortable with him and hadn't even met him. 2 1/2 months later we were engaged. Now here we are 8 years later with the 3 most beautiful boys and a great life. I am grateful for the husband and father he is and that I am able to be the stay at home mom I have always wanted to be. So here's to another 8 fun years and another 3 boys! Maybe, just maybe................:)

Today has been a lazy sat with nothing planned but cleaning and naps. I have this overwhelming feeling of love from my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for family. We have experienced a whole new side of service. One that I am not comfortable with, but appreciate. John lost his job about a month ago, and this is the first time he has been jobless since we have been married. It came as quite a shock, but my first thought was "we will be ok". I have put so much faith in the Lord knowing there is always a reason for things. To be honest this last month has been so much fun! We could feel sorry for ourselves and think of the whys, but what is the point? We have each other and we are all healthy and that is all that matters. Our family motto is Finding Joy in the Journey! I love love Pres. Monson's talk from conference and read it often. I love my family, my parents, my sisters, my grandparents, my mother and father in law and for all they have done for our family. I love my friends and for the support they have been. I just wanted to send a quick shout out, so thanks guys.

2 comments:

Tyler and Kristen said...

You are so wonderful! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Thank you for being great neighbors and examples of faith! Even though we don't see you a lot, we love you!

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary! I love love love your family motto and positive attitude. I could use some of that lately. You are awesome! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I hope and pray he finds a job quickly. In the meantime keep enjoying your time together.