...Is NOT me.
Boston was taking a nap and Jaxson was watching a movie. I laid on the couch for a few minutes and apparently fell asleep...for an hour. I woke up ten minutes AFTER I was supposed to get Max from school. I immediately started to panic. I ran upstairs grabbed Boston, threw the boys in the car and drove off. Luckily the school is in our neighborhood, practically across the street. I drove up and the entire school was empty outside, crossing guards and all. I could see where he is usually standing and I almost started crying. I probably would have but I think I was still asleep and I even had lines on my face!
i was 20 min late. We go running up to his classroom door, Jaxson crying because he has no shoes (either did I) and it was empty. Then we went to the office and there he was standing with his teacher. I felt so dumb and just kept apologizing. His teacher seemed like it was no big deal, I am sure that was not the first time that has happened. Well I hope not anyways. Max says, "mom your late." I started hugging him and told him that I was so sorry . He told me to promise him that will never happen again. I am horrible. That will NEVER happen again.
On the way home he asked if we could make cookies. I said sure thing buddy! Then I burned them.
15 comments:
Oh Tairi, you are a fabulous mom!!! Those things happen.
lol This story happens to me almost every other day!! But not from school...from off the bus! Hopefully I get my brain back after I have this baby!! I love that the cookies burned...your a great mom!!
haha I am still cracking up about you burning the cookies. What a fabulous way to end the day!
I hope you come over tomorrow, I will be really super duper bored.
If you managed to not cry, then you ARE mom of the year! It happens to us all. One day I picked up all my kids but one and the school had to call me to come back. Yikes! These are the stories that make for great memories later.
SO sad....about the cookies I mean. Don't feel too bad. I did that to Riley last year. I was 10 mins late and I wasn't even sleeping. It just slipped my mind. His teacher even called me when I was on my way. I felt like an idiot. I told her I wish I had a good reason, but I didn't. So don't let it get you too down. It happens to the best of us---and you're the BEST!!!
I remember my neighbor was supposed to walk me home from school in kindergarten, but he was a cool 6th grader and would often forget me. I sat many afternoons in the office waiting for someone to claim me...I became buddies with the office ladies:)
I think everyone does that as a mom in one way or another. No worries, you're an awesome mom!!
That was a great story Tairi, and I especially loved the ending. You are a great mom, because if you weren't you wouldn't care so much!
hahah Tai that is so funny... well not really but you know what I mean. You just make me laugh. And I can totally picture Max saying "Mom, you're late"! The other day when I was talking to him he was making me laugh so much. I miss those boys!
I've done this more than once!!!! You probably will too. Your kids will adjust and accept it because they love you and know tfat you love them, even if you are late picking them up!!
Tairi...you are hillarious! What a crazy day and to end it all you even burned your cookies!
The burning thing is priceless! By the way, I was late once and then I told the kids that if I was late again, I owed them each a candy bar. Works like a charm, they sit after school just HOPING I'm late and I'm never late cause I don't wanna go out and buy them all candy bars. And I concur, YOU'RE A GREAT MOM!
Tairi YOU are Hilarious!!! Seriously, this is why you are one of my absolute favorite poeple :) Thank you so much for sharing this little story....priceless. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who does things like this....including burning the cookies :)
ha ha ha! That story was awesome! Especially the cookies part. I think every mother can relate and has a day or two like that. I am still smiling picturing you running into the school with no shoes and a crying Jaxson. I would definitely be freaking out too though!
Hi Tairi! I found you through Mary's blog. Loved this post! So real and so truthful. Loved the burned cookies part - I'm laughing!
If you don't mind, I'm going to link you on my blog.
Oh my gosh too funny!! No worries Tairi. It happens to every mom in some way or another. Hope you guys are doing well. We sure miss Higley Groves:)
Post a Comment