Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I {heart} Motrin

Last Monday night was the worst night I have ever had with Bos. He woke up with a fever and really bad stomach pain. He would finally fall asleep and then twenty minutes later wake up screaming in pain again. The only thing that made him happy was to take a bath with me. Almost two hours in the bath he was all wrinkled up! He wouldn't let me put him down for 3 days straight. He had the worst sore throat ever. He would chew up his cereal or whatever he was eating and just spit it out. I ended up taking him in to Urgent care and it was just a virus but he was dehydrated. They decided they needed to hook him up to an IV for some fluids. They tried twice, once in his hand and the other in the bend of his arm. Nothing worked, they couldn't find any other veins that would work. We ended up making him eat five Popsicles and they said that was good enough. Poor baby. Max and Jaxson also had fevers and bad sore throats. I have never had 3 sick kids at one time and hope to never again! In our bedroom under our bed we have a "sick boy bed." There have been MANY nights when one of the boys throw up or have a fever and want to sleep in our room. We pull out the sick bed and they can sleep right next to me, and I can take care of them throughout the night. But this time we had three sick boys and one bed! We drug in another mattress for John's side and Bos slept with us. They all sleep much better in our room :) We went through one entire bottle of Motrin and one of Tylenol, but everyone is healthy and happy now!

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

SAD!!! We are doing that right now at our house. My girls are both sick. Coughing and sore throats. NO FUN!! BTW I love your new pictures--SOO CUTE!!

Andrea said...

man oh man! breaks my heart just reading about it. glad it's over for you and the boys. BTW - love the new family pic. so darling!