This is the game I have been playing for the last week. I have a sensitive nose and can smell just about anything, especially a poopy diaper from a mile away! So I started smelling this musty smell early last week. It is just really a faint smell but it bugs the crap out of me. It is somewhere downstairs, I have figured that out. Last week I completely gutted the laundry room, thinking it was from an old wet towel that was shoved in the corner. I washed all the clothes in there on the sanitize cycle, so I knew it wasn't those... I pulled the washer and dryer out to find nothing ( I had already cleaned behind there a month ago) I scrubbed down that entire room with bleach. I thought I had got rid of that smell for good. Obviously I just burned the inside of my nose with all of the beach I used because I couldn't smell anything for a few days. Good one. This morning I woke up and almost threw up from ANOTHER nasty smell. I went downstairs to investigate. Someone had tried to clean up spilled milk yesterday with a towel and just left it under the table. Rancid. Here goes another sanitize cycle that takes 2 hours....I got rid of that smell this morning, but still that musty smell is lurking in the KITCHEN, I think. My goal today is to pull out every single thing from the cupboards and the pantry. Actually the entire kitchen. I feel like it needs to be redecorated as long as I am at it. I have a few extra kids this morning that's why I am only blogging about it right now. But I will let you know how it goes.
I am not afraid to admit it :) Am I the only one this happens to?
7 comments:
Are you pregnant???? That kind of crap only happens to me when I'm pregnant. My family HATES the "this house is so dirty, and stinky, let's have a good cleaning day" part of my being pregnant. GOOD LUCK to you. I hope you find what you are looking for:)
Nasty! I hate the smell of old milk. Gag me just thinking about it. Glad you found the smell :)
i'm with ya. did you check your potatoes? this is what happened to me. it was in the wrong basket and boy was it rotten! NASTY! good luck.
I was just about to ask you if your pregnant, but someone beat me to it. :)
Joe calls it super smell. He makes fun of me whenever I walk around the house searching for something smelly. I am totally about to get rid of our front loading washer because it seems to always smell!!
I'm exactly the same. Seems to me I always find a used pullup stuffed somewhere or the potato thing, that happened twice lately. I feel your pain.
Oh, I hate that especially when you can't find the STINK.
Hey Tairi, when you get done at your place, come over to my house. There's one cupboard that smells nasty every time I open it. I've checked all the food, thrown suspicious stuff away, and it's still there. The joys of Homemaking!!!
Post a Comment