Monday, July 9, 2012

Tender Hearts

 Today was just a normal summer day that started off with Max in my face waking me up begging to have a lemonade stand, "right now!!"   I was pretty sure there wouldn't be too many people needing lemonade at 6:45 am so I convinced him to have one after we got home from our summer movie.  The movie we saw was Kung Fu Panda 2.  We had rented this movie before but I had only seen bits and pieces of it.  We pretty much love anything Jack Black at our house so they were happy to see it again.  During the movie, there is a part where they show the past of the baby panda where the mother had to put him in a crate and leave him to save the baby's life and loose her own.  It was a tear jerker for sure. Just as I felt the tears rolling down my face I saw Max's head turn towards me.  He also had tears rolling from his big brown eyes.  No words were spoken just a kiss on his forehead and we held hands.  After the movie we were all walking to the car and Max asked me if I cried during the movie too.  I told him I did and we talked about how much that momma panda must have loved her baby to let him go.  In the car Max was telling me how sometimes when he needs to cry but doesn't want anyone to see him, his throat feels like it is getting all swollen :)  I told him that was  normal and it happens to me too!  Jaxson was listening to our conversation and bust out, "I cried in the movie theater mom!"  I looked in the rear view mirror to him sobbing in the back seat.  I just love their tender little hearts.  Boston had to make sure we all knew that HE didn't cry! 
   We made it home and the neighbor kids came running over ready for the lemonade stand.  It was blazing hot out at noon but all the kid,s and my neighbor Codi and I sat out for an hour while the kids sold their lemonade and made $6 to split between 8 kids!  We were so hot we needed to jump in the pool.  Well, Codi and I were pushed in with our clothes on by the kids :) 
   Later that night we took the kids to the Mesa Temple for Family Home Evening.  We went into the visitors center and watched a film about families.  Have you seen it?  I am pretty sure it's a new one.  You walk through a hall that has different rooms set up with TV in each one and you move room to room to watch the video.  Anyways, It talked about the importance of families and I really can't remember anything specific other than feeling the spirit and crying again!  After the movie was over the Sis. Missionary was asking us a few questions.  She asked Max what he thought of the movie.  He had tears in his eyes and his little lip was quivering.  He said, "it was very heart warming."  It was such a sweet little moment.  I wish I could freeze time and keep my kids the way they are now but I do love watching them learn and grow.  It was a perfect opportunity to talk to them about feeling the Spirit and having their testimony grow.
  There was also a movie we hadn't seen about Joseph Smith.  Max said he wanted to watch it as long as it wasn't going to make him cry!  I didn't think it would but boy was I wrong.  It was about an hour long and it was about his life. We all walked out of that movie with tears, it was also another great teaching moment.  We were walking to the car and Max said, "man, we sure did a lot of crying today mom."  I am so lucky to have 4 of the sweetest boys (and man) around!  We finished the day with some Krispy Kreme for dessert.

No comments: