Monday, August 3, 2009

The Weekend

We decided we NEEDED to get outta this heat. We were just planning a day trip up to Woods Canyon lake when Trey and Amber called and wanted to go camping that same weekend. We ended up staying in Amber's parents cabin in Heber, that's my kind of camping anyway! Bethany, Craig, Trey and Amber couldn't leave until later in the day but we decided we wanted to leave earlier. We packed up the car, picked up my sis Annie, stopped at QT and grabbed a few donuts and drinks and we were out!

Yay for portable DVD players!
Once we got to Payson we decided to go the the Natural Bridge to kill some time before everyone else got up there. I realized I forgot Bostons shoes, so we made a quick stop to Walmart and got some new ones.

My grandparents use to live in Strawberry so Is had been to the natural Bridge a few times when I was about 13 or so. I remember it being an easy trail, about a mile, on a dirt path the whole way. And I thought if my 70 year old great-grandma could do it, then it would be easy enough to take Bos. Once we got there there were a few different trails you could take. I couldn't remember which one so I just picked the pine trail. As we started out the sign said something like boulders on the trail, but whatever I knew what I was doing! Ha ha. We didn't have a backpack to carry Bos in, I thought he could walk some and then I would carry him some. Also, me being so smart only brought flip flops for myself. The trail started out as a nice dirt pathway, then walking in the bed of a dried up creek and quickly turned into a rocky path that you had to climb over rocks downhill. John carried Boston for a while but then we decided I would carry him so John could help jaxson. He needed a hand the whole way (he was a little wobbly on the rocks) Annie and Max did great and were ahead of us most of the time. Annie even carried her purse. It was only about a half mile until you got to the bridge but it took us a little over an hour. It was so beautiful when we finally arrived! Then we realized we had to climb back out!! Next time I will wear better shoes for sure!!
the start of the trail
almost there...sweaty boys!
We made it

3 comments:

AMBER said...

Dang girl! I love your story, and pics. This weekend was so fun! We should do it again, but stay longer next time! I will go with you next time...but I want to go on the easy trail :) Also I love your hat!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness! I can not believe how much sweet little Annie has grown up. What a pretty girl! I love your group pic and your hat. Way cute!

Brooke {B} said...

Looks like so much fun!! I am so jealous that you all went up there! I wish we could have come also. Love the pictures!